Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
The IICRC Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT) course concentrates on technical procedures for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Students will learn how to combine technical procedures with a practical approach to managing the job site and how that relates to pricing the job. Learn practical applications for cleaning and deodorization of fire and smoke-damaged structures.
You can also check out our FSRT/OCT Combo Course!
- Introduction: definitions causes of fire damage;
- Characteristics and type of smoke
- Conducting the inspection
- Estimating/inspection procedures
- Integral strategy and planning
- Restoration chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Deodorizing and Odor Control
- Restoration options and the restorer’s responsibility
- Furnace systems and ductwork
- Structural cleaning
Questions about IICRC FSRT?
If you need help determining what time the class starts for your location, see our page on time zones.
IICRC FSRT Class Info
Cost: $299/person + $80 testing fee (Paid to the IICRC)
Continuing Education: 14 IICRC CEC’s
Location: See location below!
We are excited to now offer the IICRC Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician course as an online live-stream class. You can now learn from anywhere! Both the class and exam are completed online. Our live-stream classes are taught through Zoom and let the students interact with the instructor and other students. Ask questions, get feedback and network just like an in-person class!